We live in a world in the present day the place it appears as if violent crimes towards humanity is at an all-time excessive.
- We’re robbing every
- We’re unsafe in our residence
- It’s not even protected to stroll down the road anymore for the worry of a younger teenage boys punching you in your face enjoying previous to violent recreation referred to as knockout.
Lord the place you’re in a occasions like this……..
- We’re ending the lives of people who’re doing nothing greater than strolling down the streets coming residence from the shop after shopping for a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea.
- People are dropping their lives as a result of the music during which they have been enjoying of their cars is taken into account too loud.
- Inform me how is it that a youngster who’s merely looking for assistance is shot a number of occasions simply
as a result of he was African American.
And the unhappy factor about a few of these mindless acts of violence is that we’re utilizing the regulation to justify our evil merciless and inhumane methods. We’re standing behind a regulation that must be given cautious consideration if we’re going to hold it on the books, this regulation known as “The Stand Your Floor regulation”.
The Stand Your Floor Regulation: states that an individual might justifiably use pressure in self-defense with out an obligation to retreat first.
Now let me be the primary to confess that I agree that each one people…….. No matter their race and or financial standing all people have the proper to defend themselves towards hurt.
The Challenge is with this regulation is that we’re utilizing it to justify our mindless actions.
- How are you standing your floor once you take the life of a kid and all he’s doing is strolling house in a hoodie consuming a bag of skittles and sipping on a can of Iced Tea?
- How are you standing your floor whenever you homicide a toddler as a result of his selection of music is being performed too loud?
Sadly not solely did these two occasions occur, there are pockets of America which are working onerous to not solely hold these legal guidelines on the books however make them harder to allow them to justify extra mindless murders and acts of violence.
However……Isn’t it unusual of some people will battle for what they consider in despite the fact that it’s fallacious……. however sadly to confess that I’m noticing extra people that symbolize the Church of the dwelling God sit quietly an do noting when it come to the difficulty of “Standing Your Floor”
For sure, The Lord Jesus left you directions as a youngsters of God to “STAND YOUR GROUND” The place is that this regulation written properly I’m Glad that you simply requested.
Subsequently, my pricey brothers and sisters, stand agency. Let nothing transfer you. All the time give yourselves absolutely to the work of the Lord, as a result of you understand that your labor within the Lord is just not in useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Though we all know that God calls us to face agency. We frequently occasions permit others to have affect upon us to trigger us to loosen up our morals and values. Thus inflicting us to not stand our floor.
Thus in out textual content at the moment we see a King by the identify of Xerxes who tried to trigger his spouse Vashti to chill out her ethical convictions and be used as an object somewhat than the Queen through which she had turn out to be. However the Queen did one thing that’s unprecedented throughout her day. She stood her floor.
Who is that this King Xerxes: A really highly effective King that reigned a big huge of land from India to Ethiopia. He additionally reigned for 127 years. He was a POWERFUL man. (Esther 1:1)
The textual content goes on to declare that within the third yr of his reign he had a celebration. The earlier years was spend constructing his kingdom, and his mighty armies. He invited all the huge wigs. It was a celebration of the who’s who of Persia and Media. All the nobles and Princes have been there. His final activity for this gathering was to organize for struggle towards Greece (Esther 1:three)
Now because the king entertained his friends the bible states that he started to point out off his huge riches in his kingdom. For six months he placed on exhibit the large wealth of his empire and its stunningly lovely royal splendors. (Esther 1:four)
On the conclusion of the exhibit, the king threw a weeklong get together for everybody, the necessary and unimportant alike. The social gathering was within the backyard courtyard of the king’s summer time home. The courtyard was elaborately adorned…..
- White and blue cotton curtains tied with linen and purple cords to silver rings on marble columns.
- Silver and gold couches have been organized on a mosaic pavement of porphyry, marble, mother-of-pearl, and coloured stones.
- Drinks have been served in gold chalices, every chalice one-of-a-kind.
The royal wine flowed freely—a beneficiant king! The friends might drink as a lot as they appreciated—king’s orders!—with waiters at their elbows to refill the drinks. (Esther 1:5-Eight)
It was evident that King Xerxes was in cost. Thus giving him nice affect over people who was on the social gathering in addition to these that’s in his kingdom.
Queen Vashti in separate quarters had a feast for the lady. (Esther 1:9)
Anxious to please his friends, Xerxes requested the queen to return to the lads’s banquet. He ordered his chamberlains to go get his Queen to return earlier than the lads unveiled however Vashti refused.
Who is that this lady to refuse the direct command of such a strong man? This lady is the QUEEN. (The identify “Vashti” means “lovely lady.”)
- This lady had some requirements to reside as much as,
- She was the Kings Queen.
- She needed to be all the time on level.
She couldn’t do something that was going to trigger herself or the King and disgrace. There have been occasions during which the Queen needed to “Stand her Floor”
- Surly there was some that have been some that attempted to persuade Vashti to only do it. And she or he might hold her place within the kingdom.
- Don’t abandon your ethical conviction for social achieve.
God is looking Christians to cease falling for any and every little thing. Why? Nicely as a result of we’re tearing down our personal picture every day by bowing right down to any and the whole lot. There’s a saying that claims, should you don’t stand for one thing you’ll fall for something.
Vashti knew the king and his visitors have been underneath the affect of wine and that the banquet corridor was no place for a lady, particularly a queen.
Vashti additionally knew that it was not a superb factor for her to take herself in entrance of the drunk males unveiled.
- Some theologians recommend that the king was asking his queen to return earlier than all the drunk males bare.
- Some theologians recommend that the king needed her to take off her vale that coated her face.
Both means the Queen would have been dishonoring herself and the King by doing such a factor. So the Queen does one thing remarkable she stated no to the King. She stood her floor.
There is a vital lesson that we will study from Queen Vashti at present. We will study that no matter what man tries to get us to do. We’re obligated to guard the King…….Our king is just not robed with a Purple gown, however our kings sits excessive and appears low……. Who is that this King of glory? The LORD robust and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. (Psalms 24:Eight) And we’re obligated to guard the King.
We’re obligated to “Stand Our Floor” as believers of Christ.
I do know that one might recommend that there’s not sufficient written about this Queen Vashti to persuade you to Stand your Floor”
- Her identify was solely talked about 6 occasions
- She was solely talked about in 1 chapter
- She was not even necessary sufficient for the guide to be named after her
- Some might say that the Queen Vashti was not even a Jew…….However she nonetheless units an instance about private integrity
Nicely Reedy River might I recommend that there’s somebody that’s larger than Queen Vashti that must be convincing sufficient to get you to face your floor in terms of you being a toddler of God.
- There’s one who exceeds her obedience.
- One who’s an instance of integrity
For the Bible has one other on document his identify is Jesus. And Jesus confirmed us the last word instance of easy methods to “Stand Your Floor”
As a result of all via the lifetime of Jesus he needed to continually “Stand his Floor” The Bible says that he was in all factors tempted. Identical to you and I are. But he’s with out sin.
- He refused to fall for being disobedience
- He refused to fall right down to disrespect.
The satan took him to the wilderness to be tempted. He stated to Jesus command these stones to be made bread. The Lord stated to the Satan I obtained to “STAND MY GROUND” “the Lord stated that man shall not reside by bread alone however by each phrase that preceded out of the mouth of God.
Then the satan took him to the highest of the temple, the satan advised him to leap as a result of the Angles will catch you. In different phrases the satan was saying to Jesus that’s okay to not stand your floor however Jesus stated satan it’s written you shall not tempt the Lord thy God. Jesus was saying, I acquired to “Stand my Floor”
Then the satan confirmed him the kingdoms of the world. And informed him that he would solely bow down. I will provide you with every thing that you simply see. All it’s a must to do shouldn’t be stand your floor. Then Jesus stated to the Satan get the behind me Devil. As a result of it’s written that you must solely worship the Lord thy God.
Jesus was dedicated to ‘Stand his floor.”
On the cross once they mocked him. Saying come down and save your self. He stood his floor
Jesus stated, “I can’t come down. I obtained to face my Floor” As a result of he stood his floor you and I’ve entry into the presence of God.
- I don’t know who I’m speaking to this morning however “Stand your Floor”
- People going to speak about you however “Stand your Floor”
Might not converse to you, even once they do it might be ungodly phrases, Maintain your head up excessive, even when it’s a must to stroll by your self
- I don’t understand how you are feeling about it however made up my thoughts that “I’m going to face my Floor”
I made up my thoughts I’ll go if I’ve to go on my own……
- I’ll preach, if I’ve to Preach to myself
- I’ll sing, even when I’ve to sing to myself
- I’ll serve is I’ve to Serve all on my own
Are you able to stand in your ft, inform your neighbor to “Stand Your Floor”.
You might have to undergo one thing however “Stand Your Floor.
Are you able to encourage them and inform them no matter you do stand your floor. No matter you do inform God I’m going with you all the best way. No matter you do inform the Lord I’ll let nothing separate me from the Love of God.
The story of the Cross.
Supply: Nationwide Baptist Conference