Bible verses about Jesus’ love
How typically do you acknowledge the second individual of the Trinity in prayer? God the Son Jesus Christ turned the propitiation for our sins. He redeemed us with His personal blood and He’s worthy of our whole selves.
All through the Previous and New Testomony there are such a lot of passages that time to the love of Jesus. Let’s make it our aim to seek out His love in each chapter.
Quotes concerning the love of Christ
- “The Gospel is the one story the place the hero dies for the villain.”
- “Jesus Christ is aware of the worst about you. Nonetheless, He’s the one who loves you most.” A.W. Tozer
- “Although our emotions come and go, God’s love for us doesn’t.” C.S. Lewis
- “By the cross we all know the gravity of sin and the greatness of God’s love towards us.” John Chrysostom
His aspect was pierced
When God pierced Adam’s aspect that exposed the love of Christ. There was no appropriate helper for Adam, so God pierced Adam’s aspect to make him a bride. Discover that Adam’s bride got here from himself. His bride was extra valuable to him as a result of she got here from his personal flesh. The second Adam Jesus Christ additionally had His aspect pierced. Don’t you see the correlation? The bride of Christ (the Church) got here from His blood pierced aspect. He took upon a brutal beating that we’ll by no means be capable of fathom. His aspect was pierced due to how a lot He loves you.
1. Genesis 2:20-23 “So the person gave names to all of the livestock, the birds within the sky and all of the wild animals. However for Adam no appropriate helper was discovered. 21 So the Lord God brought about the person to fall right into a deep sleep; and whereas he was sleeping, he took one of many man’s ribs after which closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a lady from the rib he had taken out of the person, and he introduced her to the person. 23 The person stated, “That is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be referred to as ‘lady,’ for she was taken out of man.”
2. John 19:34 “However one of many troopers pierced his aspect with a spear, and directly there got here out blood and water.”
Christ took away your disgrace
Within the Backyard Adam and Eve felt no disgrace whereas they have been each bare. Sin had not but entered into the world. Nevertheless, that might quickly change as they might disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit. Their state of innocence was tarnished. They have been now each fallen, bare, and crammed with guilt and disgrace.
Earlier than they have been fallen they wanted no overlaying, however now they did. By His grace, God offered the overlaying wanted to take away their disgrace. Discover what the second Adam does. He took upon the guilt and disgrace that Adam felt within the Backyard of Eden.
Jesus bore His disgrace of nakedness by hanging bare on the cross. As soon as once more, do you see the correlation? Jesus took upon all of the guilt and disgrace that we have now been dealing with. Have you ever ever felt rejected? He felt rejected. Have you ever ever felt misunderstood? He felt misunderstood. Jesus understands what you’re going by means of as a result of He went by means of the identical issues due to His love for you. The Lord touches the deep issues in our life. Jesus suffered your struggling.
Three. Hebrews 12:2 “Wanting unto Jesus the writer and finisher of our religion; who for the enjoyment that was set earlier than him endured the cross, despising the disgrace, and is about down on the proper hand of the throne of God.”
Four. Hebrews Four:15 “For we should not have a excessive priest who’s unable to empathize with our weaknesses, however we’ve got one who has been tempted in each means, simply as we’re—but he didn’t sin.”
5. Romans 5:Three-5 “Not solely so, however we additionally glory in our sufferings, as a result of we all know that struggling produces perseverance; Four perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope doesn’t put us to disgrace, as a result of God’s love has been poured out into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
Jesus and Barabbas
The story of Barabbas is a tremendous story of the love of Christ. On the left you will have Barabbas who was a well known felony. He was a nasty man. He was a type of guys that you simply shouldn’t cling round as a result of they’re dangerous information. On the fitting you’ve Jesus. Pontius Pilate discovered that Jesus was not responsible of any crime. He did nothing improper. The gang had the selection of setting one of many males free. Shockingly, the gang shouted for Barabbas to be let loose.
Barabbas was later let loose and Jesus would later be crucified. This story is flipped! Barabbas was handled the best way Jesus ought to have been handled and Jesus was handled the best way Barabbas ought to have been handled. Don’t you perceive? You and I are Barrabas.
Although Jesus was harmless He bore the sin you and I rightly deserve. We deserve condemnation, however due to Christ we’re freed from condemnation and God’s wrath. He took upon the wrath of God, so we wouldn’t should. For some cause we attempt to return to these chains. Nevertheless, on the cross Jesus stated, “It’s completed.” His love paid for all of it! Don’t run again to these chains of guilt and disgrace. He has set you free and there’s nothing you are able to do to repay Him! By His blood depraved individuals could be let loose. On this story we see an incredible instance of grace. Love is intentional. Christ proved His love for us by taking our place on the cross.
6. Luke 23:15-22 “Neither did Herod, for he despatched him again to us. Look, nothing deserving dying has been carried out by him. I’ll subsequently punish and launch him.” However all of them cried out collectively, “Away with this man, and launch to us Barabbas” a person who had been thrown into jail for an revolt began within the metropolis and for homicide. Pilate addressed them as soon as extra, needing to launch Jesus, however they stored shouting, “Crucify, crucify him!” A 3rd time he stated to them, “Why? What evil has he carried out? I’ve present in him no guilt deserving demise. I’ll subsequently punish and launch him.”
7. Luke 23:25 “He launched the person who had been thrown into jail for rebel and homicide, for whom they requested, however he delivered Jesus over to their will.”
eight. 1 Peter Three:18 “For Christ additionally suffered as soon as for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he may deliver us to God, being put to dying within the flesh however made alive within the spirit.”
9. Romans 5:eight “However God commendeth his love towards us, in that, whereas we have been but sinners, Christ died for us.”
10. Romans Four:25 “He was delivered over to demise for our trespasses and was raised to life for our justification.”
11. 1 Peter 1:18-19 “For you understand that it was not with perishable issues corresponding to silver or gold that you simply have been redeemed from the empty lifestyle handed right down to you out of your ancestors, 19 however with the valuable blood of Christ, a lamb with out blemish or defect.”
12. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, in order that in Him we’d grow to be the righteousness of God.”
Jesus turned a curse for you.
We study in Deuteronomy that those that cling on a tree are accursed by God. Disobedience at any level to the regulation of God leads to a curse. The one who bore that curse needed to himself be completely obedient. The one who was to turn out to be responsible, needed to be harmless. The one individual that may take away the regulation is the Creator of the regulation. To take away the curse, the one who bore the curse must be topic to the punishment of the curse. The punishment is hanging on a tree, which is the punishment that Christ suffered. Jesus who’s God in flesh accepted the curse in order that we might be free from the curse.
Christ paid our sin debt in full. Glory be to God! Hanging on a tree is seen all through Scripture. When Jesus held on a tree not solely did He turn out to be a curse, however He additionally turned a picture of evil. When the depraved Absalom held on an oak tree and is later pierced within the aspect with a spear, that may be a foreshadowing of Christ and the cross.
There’s something else that’s exceptional about Absalom’s story. Although he was an evil man, he was beloved by his father David. Jesus was additionally significantly beloved by His Father. In Esther we see the disdain that Hamon had for Mordecai. He ended up constructing a gallows tree 50 cubits excessive that was meant for an additional individual (Mordecai). Sarcastically, Hamon was later held on a tree that was meant for another person. Don’t you see Christ on this story? Jesus held on a tree that was meant for us.
13. Deuteronomy 21:22-23 “If a person has dedicated a sin worthy of demise and he’s put to demise, and also you grasp him on a tree, 23 his corpse shall not cling all night time on the tree, however you shall certainly bury him on the identical day (for he who’s hanged is accursed of God), in order that you don’t defile your land which the Lord your God provides you as an inheritance.”
14. Galatians Three:13-14 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Regulation, having turn out to be a curse for us—for it’s written, “Cursed is everybody who hangs on a tree” so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham may come to the Gentiles, in order that we might obtain the promise of the Spirit by way of religion.”
15. Colossians 2:13-14 “If you have been lifeless in your sins and within the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the cost of our authorized indebtedness, which stood towards us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.”
16. Matthew 20:28 “Simply because the Son of Man didn’t come to be served, however to serve, and to offer His life as a ransom for a lot of.”
17. Esther 7:9-10 “Then Harbona, one of many eunuchs in attendance on the king, stated, “Furthermore, the gallows that Haman has ready for Mordecai, whose phrase saved the king, is standing at Haman’s home, fifty cubits excessive.” And the king stated, “Grasp him on that.” 10 In order that they hanged Haman on the gallows that he had ready for Mordecai. Then the wrath of the king abated.”
Hosea and Gomer
The prophetical story of Hosea and Gomer reveals the love of God for His individuals regardless that they get sidetracked by different gods. How would you are feeling if God advised you to marry the worst of the worst? That’s what He informed Hosea to do. This can be a image of what Christ did for us. Christ went into the worst and most harmful areas to seek out His bride. Christ went to a spot the place different males wouldn’t go to seek out His bride. Hosea’s bride was untrue to him.
Discover that God didn’t inform Hosea to divorce his bride. He stated, “Go discover her.” God informed him to like a former prostitute who acquired married and went again into prostitution after she was given a lot grace. Hosea went to a nasty neighborhood crammed with thugs and evil individuals to seek for his bride.
He lastly discovered his bride, however he was informed that she wouldn’t be given to him and not using a worth. Despite the fact that that Hosea was nonetheless married to her, she was now the property of another person. He had to purchase her for a worth that was costly for him. That is asinine! She’s already his spouse! Hosea purchased his bride who was undeserving of his love, his forgiveness, his favor, such an amazing worth.
Hosea beloved Gomer, however for some cause it was arduous for Gomer to simply accept his love. In the identical approach, for some purpose it’s exhausting for us to simply accept Christ’s love. We expect His love is conditional and we will’t comprehend how He would love us in our mess. Identical to Gomer we begin in search of love in all of the incorrect locations. As an alternative of our value coming from Christ we begin to discover our value and id within the issues of the world. As an alternative, this leaves us damaged. Within the midst of our brokenness and our unfaithfulness God by no means stopped loving us. As an alternative, He purchased us.
There’s a lot love within the story of Hosea and Gomer. God is already our Creator. He made us, so He already owns us. For this reason it’s much more astounding that He paid the hefty worth for those who He already owns. We have now been rescued by the blood of Christ. We have been sure to shackles however Christ has set us free.
Think about what Gomer is considering in her thoughts as she seems to be at her husband as he’s shopping for her whereas she is in a state of affairs that she induced. As a result of her personal unfaithfulness she was shackled, in bondage, filthy, despised, and so forth. It will be arduous for a person to like a lady who put him by means of a lot grief. Gomer checked out her husband considering, “why does he love me a lot?” Gomer was a multitude identical to we’re a multitude, however our Hosea beloved us and took upon our disgrace on the cross. This lovely story of affection is what compels us to do God’s will.
18. Hosea 1:2-Three “When the LORD started to talk via Hosea, the LORD stated to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous lady and have youngsters together with her, for like an adulterous spouse this land is responsible of unfaithfulness to the LORD. So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she or he conceived and bore him a son. Then the LORD stated to Hosea, “Name him Jezreel, as a result of I’ll quickly punish the home of Jehu for the bloodbath at Jezreel, and I’ll put an finish to the dominion of Israel.”
19. Hosea Three:1-Four “The Lord stated to me, “Go, present your like to your spouse once more, although she is beloved by one other man and is an adulteress. Love her because the Lord loves the Israelites, although they flip to different gods and love the sacred raisin desserts.” 2 So I purchased her for fifteen shekels of silver and a few homer and a lethek of barley. Three Then I informed her, “You’re to stay with me many days; you have to not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I’ll behave the identical means towards you.” Four For the Israelites will stay many days with out king or prince, with out sacrifice or sacred stones, with out ephod or family gods.
20. 1 Corinthians 7:23 “You have been purchased with a worth; don’t grow to be slaves of males.”
We obey as a result of He loves us
The Bible makes it clear that we will’t get proper with God by our personal benefit. We will’t add onto the completed work of Christ. Salvation is by grace by way of religion in Christ alone. Nevertheless, once we see how far we have been from God and the good worth that was paid for us, that compels us to please Him. His love for us is why we search to do His will.
When you could have been so captivated by the love of God for you in Christ Jesus you need to be obedient to Him. You aren’t going to need to reap the benefits of His love. Our hearts have been reworked and overwhelmed with a lot grace, a lot love, and such freedom from Christ that we willingly supply ourselves to God.
We’ve been regenerated by the facility of the Holy Spirit and we’ve got new wishes and affections for Jesus. We need to please Him and we need to honor Him with our lives. That doesn’t imply that it’s not a wrestle. That doesn’t imply that we gained’t be captivated by different issues at occasions. Nevertheless, we’ll see proof of God working in our life rising us within the issues of God.
21. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 “For Christ’s love compels us, as a result of we’re satisfied that one died for all, and subsequently all died. 15 And he died for all, that those that reside ought to not reside for themselves however for him who died for them and was raised once more.”
22. Galatians 2:20 “I’ve been crucified with Christ, and I not reside, however Christ lives in me. The life I reside within the physique, I stay by religion within the Son of God, who liked me and gave Himself up for me.”
23. Romans 6:1-2 “What let’s consider, then? We could go on sinning in order that grace might improve? Certainly not! We’re those that have died to sin; how can we stay in it any longer?”
Rejected by the world
Have you ever ever been rejected earlier than? I’ve been rejected by individuals. Getting rejected feels terrible. It hurts. It results in tears and anguish! The rejection that we face on this life is simply a small image of the rejection that Christ confronted. Think about being rejected by the world. Now think about being rejected by the world that you simply created.
Not solely was Christ rejected by the world, He felt rejected by His personal Father. Jesus is aware of how you are feeling. We now have a Excessive Priest who sympathizes with our weaknesses. He understands how you are feeling. No matter points that you could be be dealing with Christ has skilled an analogous state of affairs to a higher diploma. Deliver your state of affairs to Him. He understands and He is aware of how that will help you or higher but He is aware of the way to love you in your state of affairs.
24. Isaiah 53:Three “He was despised and rejected by mankind, a person of struggling, and accustomed to ache. Like one from whom individuals cover their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.”
Experiencing the love of Christ
It’s onerous to expertise the love of Christ once we are preoccupied with different issues. Give it some thought! How are you going to expertise the love of anybody once you neglect them? It’s not that their love for you has modified, it’s that you’ve been too busy with different issues to note. Our eyes are simply mesmerized by issues that aren’t inherently dangerous. Nevertheless, they take our coronary heart away from Christ and it turns into more durable to really feel His presence and expertise His love.
There are such a lot of particular issues that He needs to inform us, however are we prepared to quiet ourselves to take heed to Him? He needs that will help you to understand His love for you. He needs to steer you in prayer. He needs you to be concerned in what He’s doing round you, so you’ll be able to expertise His love in that means, however sadly we come to Him with our personal agenda.
I consider that the majority Christians are lacking out on all that God needs to offer us in prayer. We’re so busy making an attempt to provide Him our petitions that we miss out on Him, Who He’s, His love, His care, and the good worth that was paid for us. If you wish to expertise the love of Christ in a deeper approach there are issues which might be going to should go.
You must reduce down on the TV, YouTube, Video video games, and so forth. As an alternative, get within the Bible and search for Christ. Permit Him to talk to you within the Phrase. Every day Bible research will propel your prayer life. Do you grasp the rationale in your worship? It’s really easy to say sure, however really take into consideration this! Do you give attention to the Object of your worship? Once we really see Christ for who He really is our adoration in the direction of Him might be rejuvenated. Pray that you’ve a higher realization of Christ’s love for you.
25. Ephesians Three:14-19 “Because of this I kneel earlier than the Father, 15 from whom each household in heaven and on earth derives its identify. 16 I pray that out of his superb riches he might strengthen you with energy via his Spirit in your internal being, 17 in order that Christ might dwell in your hearts by means of religion. And I pray that you simply, being rooted and established in love, 18 might have energy, along with all of the Lord’s holy individuals, to understand how vast and lengthy and excessive and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses information—that you could be be crammed to the measure of all of the fullness of God.”
A struggle to know the love of Christ
I liked writing this text, however one factor I noticed is that I nonetheless wrestle to know Christ’s love for me. His love for me is way past my comprehension. It’s a wrestle for me that leaves me in tears at occasions. The exceptional factor is that I do know that even in my wrestle He loves me. He doesn’t get uninterested in me and He doesn’t surrender on me. He can’t cease loving me. It’s who He’s!
Mockingly, my wrestle to know the love of Christ is what makes me love Him extra. It causes me to cling on to Him for pricey life! I observed that my love for Christ has grown all through the years. If my love for Him is rising, then how rather more is His infinite love for me! Let’s pray that we develop in understanding totally different points of His love. God reveals His love for us every day. Nevertheless, rejoice in the truth that at some point we’ll expertise the complete expression of God’s love manifested in Heaven.